Monday 1 April 2013

A Card For Brenda

The lovely Brenda (of Floral Fantasies) is celebrating not only her 4th Blogaversary, but also gaining almost 4000 followers. To mark these fantastic achievements she has invited her followers to make a project which reflects her blog, however we like to interpret it. Whenever I think of Brenda, images of flowers, trees, butterflies, fairies, silhouettes and general inkyness come to mind, with a touch of vintage thrown in for good measure! I think I've managed to incorporate most of these in my card!

I made the background with my Gelli Plate, using metallic acrylic paint and a Crafter's Workshop mask. This was then simply overstamped with various images.    I added a paper doily, a few tiny flower buttons, a butterfly and a sentiment, cut and framed with Nesties. A touch of glitter glue on the fairy's wings and the butterfly completed the picture. Here are a couple of close ups of the details.



All stamps by Chocolate Baroque, except for the bit of background text, which is by Hero Arts.

Since I first met Brenda, she has been a wonderful source of inspiration, and any time my mojo goes walkabout, I can be sure that a look around her blog will bring it back. Not only that, Brenda is incredibly generous in sharing her talent and creativity. So I'd just like to say thank you and congratulations on reaching these marvellous milestones, Brenda, and long may you continue to inspire us.

9 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

This is gorgeous Lynne - love your colours and the silhouettes against that stunning background.
Blessings
Maxine

brenda said...

Good Morning Lynne,

You seem to have summed me up so well, this last month has told me I am just a tad transparent in my crafty endeavours.

The Gelli plate really goes give a beautiful backdrop for the stamping which I love and see a weeping willow there that I definitely 'need' - oh dear, I only just ordered from CB as well as I had to have those new Indian influenced sets.

And the sentiment with the little butterfly is the perfect finishing touch to a lovely creation.

Thanks you so much for joining in my blog celebration, for your kind words which are greatly appreciated and your friendship.

B x

Lisa Jane said...

ooh Brenda will love this .. and i do too.. its so pretty.
Love that background
Happy Easter to you and your family
Lisa x

Sally H said...

Wow! Stunning card, Lynne! I LOVE the background and trees, fairies and butterflies are so Brenda! Looking forward to seeing you x

Michelle Webb said...

I love your Gelli plate printed background Lynne,itsa gorgeous card. Michelle x

Stella said...

Subtle and stunning; the fairy stamp is gorgeous. Love how this card turned out!
XX

Glenda said...

Beautiful card Lynne.

Glenda

chris said...

Wow Lynne you have got her to at,it's perfect love it.
Hope you and yours are well
Xxxxc

craftimamma said...

Oh no, you're tempting me with that Gelli Plate background again, lol! I thought I recognised all the stamps and you have composed a beautiful card with them. I think you summed Brenda up very well.

Hugs
Lesley Xx