Friday 4 April 2014

Spring Butterflies

 It's a Spring theme for the Butterfly Challenge No. 4, so Mrs. A would like to see yellow on our projects. Had to think about this one for a while, as yellow is not a colour I use very often. However, though I don't like bright acid yellows, I do love the spring flowers, such as daffodils and tulips, and I think that the more muted shades of yellow, coupled with fresh spring green, can be very pretty.



I decided to use a technique which I first saw done by Julie Hickey in her book "Flower Power Papercrafts". Julie used punched flowers for her card, but I have used my favourite butterfly dies (by Cheery Lynn) to make the openwork panel. A simple sentiment (Hero Arts) was all that was needed to complete the card.

Here's a closer look at the butterfly panel.


















And another view of the card.



The daffodils are all out here now, both in our garden and along the bank across the road from our house. Not much sun in evidence lately though, so the cheery daffs are doing a sterling job of brightening up the view!



9 comments:

cm said...

Lynne, thank you for your sweet comment, and oh my - in coming here to express my appreciation, I was greeted my a most beautiful card! Your panel of butterflies is absolutely lovely! What a pretty die that is; yet another added to my wish list - I'm rather butterfly obsessed of late! You've used yellow marvelously!!
c

kiwimeskreations said...

Lynne this is amazing - love the colours and the technique - combined they make a stunning card.
Blessings
Maxine

brenda said...

Up and running again, a week with no computer is the worse, so reliant are we it seems.

Such a pretty card Lynne, hope you have a great weekend.

B x

ElizabethR said...

Love your lacework of butterflies, so pretty. Elizabeth x

KT Fit Kitty said...

Wow - Your card is gorgeous! I love what you've done here with all the die-cut butterflies - what a fabulous idea! I just popped in to say thank you for your sweet comment on my blog, and I am blown away by your beautiful card! Well done!

Pat said...

Wow Lynne what a stunner of a card. Love all those butterflies across the aperture, such a wonderful idea. Thank you for your lovely comment. x

Mrs A. said...

Your lattice work of butterflies is stunning and the shading from yellow to green just perfect. A lovely technique shown off here beautifully. Needs no other extra embellishments. I love the sentiment. Thank you for fluttering by #4. Hugs Mrs A. (butterfly challenge).

Michelle said...

Utterly inspired Lynne
X Michelle

craftimamma said...

How clever Lynne and the result is a totally beautiful card. I must have a go at this sometime as it is so effective. I don't use yellow often either which is strange as fresh yellow and green are the colours I associate with Spring which is my favourite season..... as long as it's not throwing down with rain, lol!

Hugs
Lesley Xx